venerdì 7 ottobre 2016

The Lie by Karina Halle


Their love led to a lie
Their truth led to the end

Brigs McGregor is crawling out from the ashes. After losing his wife and son in a car accident and his job from his subsequent downward spiral, he's finally moving forward, getting a prestigious teaching position at the University of London and a new life in the city. Slowly, but surely, he's pushing past the guilt and putting his tragic past behind him.

Until he sees her.

Natasha Trudeau once loved a man so much she thought she'd die without him. But their love was wrong, doomed from the start, and when their world crashed around them, Natasha was nearly buried in the rubble. It took years of moving on to forget him, and now that she's in London, she's ready to start again.

Until she sees him.

Because some loves are too dangerous to ever indulge.
And some loves are far too powerful to ignore.
Their love just might be the life and the death of them. 



I finished reading this book last night.. and it took me all day today to come up with the right words, words that would make other readers understand what I felt..guess I am still no ready, not sure I will ever find perfect words.

Brigs and his story just broke my heart.. I felt as if I was going through what happened just as he was..It was painful and so heartbreaking, but at the same time seeing him get up time and time again and get back to and try to live again was so special and beautiful. Losing as much as he did is bound to bring anyone to their knees , yet with a lot of effort he is ready to face the world again..and that's when he sees Natasha again!

Natasha is just as broken and haunted as Brigs but after tears and breakdowns she is ready to get back to her life and pick up again from where she left. When she thought nothing could break her ever again she finds Brigs and the past seems back to haunt her.

I won't go into the story because there are many twists and you have to experience it firsthand, but let me say it's such a beautiful story: both heartbreaking and uplifting, full of sadness, despair and doubts too. But more than anything else it's full of love and passion, bonds so strong they can help them became who they where meant to be with the right person.
Professor blue eyes made me fall for him, with his vulnerability and quiet strength, his playful side and his ability to go all out.



“I knew, I knew, the moment I laid my eyes on Natasha, that I was gone and there wasn’t a single thing to hold me in place.”


“Our love was wrong. A lie we told ourselves. And it cost us the world.”


“I’d like to say it all feels like a blur to me, the years at the bottom of the spiral, the world around me bleak, guilt and hatred sticking to me like tar. But I remember it all vividly. In horrible, exquisite detail. Maybe that’s my punishment, my shackles for my crimes. I knew that falling in love was a crime. I deserve all the punishment I can get.”



Nessun commento:

Posta un commento