venerdì 22 aprile 2016

The Baller: A Down and Dirty Football Novel by Vi Keeland



The first time I met Brody Easton was in the men’s locker room. 
It was my first interview as a professional sportscaster.
The famed quarterback decided to bare all. 
And by all, I don’t mean he told me any of his secrets. 
No. The arrogant ass decided to drop his towel, just as I asked the first question. On camera. 
The Super Bowl MVP quickly adopted a new hobby—screwing with me.
When I pushed back, he shifted from wanting to screw with me, to wanting to screw me.
But I don’t date players. 
And it’s not because I’m one of the few women working in the world of professional football. 
I’d date an athlete. 
It’s the other kind of player I don’t date. 
You know the type. Good looking, strong, cocky, always looking to get laid.

Brody Easton was the ultimate player.
Every woman wanted to be the one to change him.
But the truth was, all he needed was a girl worth changing for.
Turned out, I was that girl.
Simple right?
Let’s face it. It never is.
There’s a story between once upon a time and happily ever after… 
And this one is ours. 






The baller is a standalone. It’s the first book I have ever read by this author but I'll be sure to go back for more!

Delilah Maddox is a professional sportscaster and as she gets her big break,  she is sent to the locker room to interview the footballers.
There is where she meets Brody Easton for the first time. Sure she knows of him and his manwhore ways. He is very good at his job but at times seems that what he does outside the field is way more important.
Brody is an ass, plain and simple. He flirts shamelessly and innuendos are his to go to ways to set panties on fire. If you add that perfect body and even more beautiful face well, let's say women fall at his feet.
“I think most women, especially women who work hard and have a lot on their mind, prefer a man to come home, lift her off her feet and take her against the wall rather than hand her some bullshit flowers and pussyfoot around with sweet gestures all night.” 

Delilah is not most women though. She has no interest in having a one night stand with him, sure she's not blind but she can do without.
Every time they meet in the locker room seems the sexual tension gets higher and higher..and Brody does everything in his power to get Delilah to himself..but what started out as a one time thing changes into Brody wanting to date.

I have to say it's funny and hot, plenty of innuendos and all that but it's sweet and a great story too.
Both Delilah and Brody have a past and that past influences the way they both view relationships.
It’s a great story, complex and with plenty of emotions, it's not only fun!!!

"When life knocks you down, stop and look around for one thing that’s good, because there is always something. Then cling to that good.”








Vi Keeland is a native New Yorker with three children that occupy most of her free time, which she complains about often, but wouldn't change for the world. She is a bookworm and has been known to read her kindle at stop lights, while styling her hair, cleaning, walking, during sporting events, and frequently while pretending to work. She is a boring attorney by day, and an exciting New York Times and USA Today Best Selling smut author by night! 



Nessun commento:

Posta un commento