martedì 6 ottobre 2015

My Time in the Affair by Stylo Fantôme



~Mischa~ 

I made a conscious decision to cheat on my husband. 

Now, before you judge me, hear my story. Hear how much I'm like you, how similar my thoughts are to your own. Yes, I'm a horrible person. Yes, I've done horrible things. Yes, I don't deserve forgiveness. Yes, bad things happened because of my actions. 
But I'm willing to bet I've done things that maybe, just maybe, you have thought of doing. 
Maybe, just maybe, you're not as innocent as you'd like to think. 
Or maybe I'm not so guilty ... 


My Time in the Affair, by Stylo Fantôme is a story about forbidden romance.  It is an up front look at a married woman's life before, during and after she decides to have a one night stand.  It is full of angst and emotion, desperation and choices.

If cheating in a book is something you can't tolerate, this is not the book for you.  However, if you are not uncomfortable examining the emotions and circumstances that led to the heroine, Mischa's decision to sleep with a man that is not her husband, I believe you will be surprised - so don't always judge a book by its title! 

This story is very romantic and unique.  I commend Stylo Fantôme for her bold depiction of an extramarital affair. My Time in the Affair covers a very full range of emotions such as love, heartbreak and even humor.

Our hero is named Tal.  He is the epitome of tall, dark and handsome.  He is an intense alpha male, mysterious and captivating - and also more than Mischa bargained for.  Tal and Mischa quickly become infatuated with each other.  They have great sex and infatuation seems to turn into attachment, which is realistic in my opinion and furthers the poignancy of the story.
More times than not, I found myself disliking Mischa.  This is not a criticism, but rather my reaction to Mischa's own thoughts and process.  Also, I don't fault Mischa for wanting to have passionate sex!  
What made this a five star read for me was the author's ability to draw out emotions.  I found myself understanding and sympathizing with Mischa at one moment - wanting her to feel fulfilled as everyone hopes to be in life.  The next moment I'm wishing she would be more discerning.  In addition, this story illustrates both the weakness and strength that is part of the human condition.  






Crazy woman living in an undisclosed location in Alaska (where the need for a creative mind is a necessity!), I have been writing since ... forever? Yeah, that sounds about right. I have been told that I remind people of Lucille Ball - I also see shades of Jennifer Saunders, and Denis Leary. So basically, I laugh a lot, I'm clumsy a lot, and I say the F-word A LOT.


I like dogs more than I like most people, and I don't trust anyone who doesn't drink. No, I do not live in an igloo, and no, the sun does not set for six months out of the year, there's your Alaska lesson for the day. I have mermaid hair - both a curse and a blessing - and most of the time I talk so fast, even I can't understand me.



Yeah. I think that about sums me up.




Nessun commento:

Posta un commento