giovedì 16 aprile 2015

The Club: Jax (#3 The Club Series ) by Jenna Elliot

Her name was Audrey. Tough as nails, gorgeous, but she didn’t get to the highest level in my South Beach sex club by being eager to please. She’s also a troublemaker, a hot-as-hell, world-class domme-in-the-making. She could be one of Command Performance’s stars.


But not until she truly submits to me, first. Right now, she still wants to make me angry, make me care, but I shut down that painful part of me a long time ago. 

She won’t give up, and I won’t give in. I own her beautiful body, but I need a way to slip inside her head, find out what made her so defensive. Unlock her secrets. I need to rock her world, right down to her caged spirit, and set her free. 

I need to do whatever it takes to turn her into that world-class domme. She’s an asset to the club. That’s the lie I tell myself.





I requested The Club: Jax from Net Galley because I was in the mood for a BDSM themed book, and I had never read anything by Jenna Elliot before.  The Club: Jax is the third book in Elliots’s, The Club series, and can be read as a stand alone.  It’s the story of club owner, Jax, who is tasked with training Audrey to be a “world-class Domme.”  In order for her to be a successful Domme at the club, Command Performance, she must first understand what it means to be submissive, and what subs desire and expect from their Domme.  With this as a goal, Audrey must demonstrate her own ability to submit and truly understand submission to complete her training with Jax.
The story started out strong, but I was quickly distracted by the use of the phrase “code word,” in place of the common BDSM term “safe word.”  I didn’t bounce back, but continued to be distracted from the story with equally witty words and phrases, including “hot babes” and “dude.”  I understand this is a personal preference regarding writing style.  I do believe other readers might enjoy what I didn’t care for.  Obviously, it is not easy to write a book.  I respect all authors who put themselves out there for our enjoyment.
Although I didn’t quite connect with either character, I still liked the book enough to finish it.  I would urge any interested reader and/or fan of Jenna Elliot to read The Club: Jax, for their own opinion.



by book 1
http://amzn.to/1PWxmKe


by book 2http://amzn.to/1aCFy15
4.1 of 5 stars


by book 3
http://amzn.to/1yyt0Dp

Jenna Elliot has been writing since she was a baby gator at the University of Florida. What started as sweet romances soon turned into steamy new adult novels. When she's not writing—or researching —Jenna enjoys spending time with her adopted Basset Hound and cat, Sherlock and Watson, cooking new recipes from Pinterest, and binge watching Netflix. Her life goals include being a contestant on a game show, writing a book (check!), and conquering her resting bitch face. Jenna is a lover, not a fighter.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...

https://twitter.com/itsjennaelliot

http://www.pinterest.com/jenna_elliot/


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento