venerdì 20 marzo 2015

Soaring - Kristen Ashley

American heiress Amelia Hathaway needs to start anew. 
Her husband cheated on her, and when everything she wanted in life slipped through her fingers, she fell apart. When she did, she took another heart wrenching hit as she lost the respect of her children. 
When her ex took her family from California to live in the small town of Magdalene in Maine, Amelia decided it was time to sort herself out. In order to do that and win her children back, she moves to Cliff Blue, an architectural masterpiece on the rocky coast of Magdalene. 
Her boxes aren’t even unpacked when she meets Mickey Donovan, a man who lives across the street, a man so beautiful Amelia takes one look at Mickey and knows she wants everything from him. 
The problem is, she finds out swiftly that he’s friendly, he’s kind, but he doesn’t want everything back. 
Amelia struggles to right past wrongs in her life at the same time find out who she wants to be. She also struggles with her attraction to the handsome firefighter who lives across the street. 
But Amelia will face a surprise when her friendly neighbor becomes not-so-friendly. As Amelia and Mickey go head to head, Amelia must focus on winning back the hearts of her children. 
She soon discovers she also must focus on winning the heart of a handsome firefighter who understands down to his soul the beautiful heiress who lives across the street is used to a life he cannot provide.


Chi segue questo blog, sa quanto io sia pazza dei libri scritti da Kristen Ashley. Sono così felice che questa autrice sia stata finalmente tradotta in Italia, non credevo sarebbe mai successo.
Non vorrei cantare vittoria troppo presto, per adesso abbiamo iniziato con uno….vedremo quanto decideranno di investire su di lei gli editori italiani. Perché dovete sapere che la Kristen Ashley è estremamente prolifica, pubblica almeno tre o quattro libri nuovi all'anno.
Questa infatti è la recensione del nuovo libro, il secondo capitolo della serie Magdalene, intitolato Soaring.

Amelia, ha divorziato ormai da tre anni. E’ stato un brutto divorzio, inaspettato, che ha distrutto la donna, travolgendola dal risentimento e dalla rabbia che ha vomitato addosso al suo ex marito e alla nuova moglie. Sfortunatamente non ha protetto i suoi due figli adolescenti da queste sue manifestazioni d’odio e risentimento, trasformandola ai loro occhi. Non era più la madre amorevole che preparava loro i biscotti, ma solo una donna piena di gelosia e cattiveria.
Quando il suo ex decide di trasferirsi nel Maine a Magdalene, Amelia si risveglia da questo incubo e si rende conto che il suo tesoro più caro, i figli, sono ormai distanti anni luce da lei, non solo geograficamente.

No matter what it took, no matter how much time, no matter that it made me bleed, no matter what it cost me, no matter that it would take everything I had and force me to find more, I had to do what I'd come to Maine to do. I had to make a home. I had to heal a family. I had to find me. I had to let go of the old. I had to pull myself together and start anew.

Si rende conto di aver bisogno di un nuovo inizio, recuperare un rapporto sano con i suoi ragazzi e ritrovare se stessa. Il divorzio non le impedirà di vivere una nuova vita, ha quarantasette anni ma può ancora fare molto. Si trasferisce anche lei a Magdalene, per stare vicino ai suoi figli, compra una casa in un bel quartiere e mentre il suo ex la minacciava di non rovinare la sua vita, adesso che è venuta a vivere vicino a lui, viene difesa da un vicino, Mickey Donovan.

Questo incontro cambierà la vita di Amelia definitivamente. Si ritroverà coinvolta nella comunità, troverà l’amicizia sincera di Josie e Alyssa che l’aiuteranno nel processo di rinascita e recupero della sua dignità, che ormai credeva perduta. E verrà travolta da Mickey Donovan e la sua famiglia. Anche lui divorziato con due figli, prenderà sotto la sua ala una donna sola con gli occhi tristi che vive dall'altra parte della strada.


"I'll warn you, might make me crazy, might make me a dick, don't give a shit, but I get off on going' head to head with you. So if you feel like keepin' your gloves up, baby, bring it. 'Cause I know after doing it for a while and then gettin' that kiss from you, you keep doin' it, when I finally fuck you it's gonna", he leaned deep into me "wreck you".

Questo libro racconta la storia romantica dei due protagonisti, non più giovanissimi, entrambi divorziati con due figli per ciascuno da crescere. Nonostante una paura comprensibile iniziale, incominciano a frequentarsi.

Amelia fin da subito rimase attratta dall'affascinante vicino; Mickey era interessato ma era troppo preoccupato dalle possibili ripercussioni negative di vivere una relazione, che poteva non funzionare, vivendo entrambi così vicini.
Nei libri romance, quando i due protagonisti iniziano la loro storia d’amore c’è molto romanticismo e passione. In questo libro quello non manca, ma come dicevo, loro sono adulti con una famiglia a cui pensare, c’è il lavoro di Mickey e il suo volontariato nei vigili del fuoco, i figli intorno, non è facile per loro trovare tempo per stare insieme. Amelia e Mickey ci insegnano come si vive una storia d'amore in una vita vera, non ci sono favole ma solo tanto sacrificio e rispetto per la famiglia.


"The mistakes we make in life don't define us, Amy. The way we handle 'em after makin'  'em do. You made a mistake. Now you're handling it and doing it the right way and that's who you are."

Le difficoltà sono tante e metteranno Amelia e Mickey spesso in difficoltà, il loro cuore è stato infranto una volta. Sapranno dare all'amore di nuovo fiducia ?


Amelia è un’ereditiera di un grande patrimonio, la sua è una famiglia benestante che deve la sua ricchezza al petrolio e all'esportazione. Non ha mai lavorato, dopo la laurea si è sposata con un neurochirurgo famoso e ha messo su famiglia. Era questo che voleva, non le serviva altro. Il divorzio è stato un fulmine al ciel sereno, niente l’aveva preparata ad una possibile eventualità.
Abituata agli agi e agli sfarzi, si libera di tutto questo, una volta arrivata nel Maine, decisa a far da sola. Può vivere dei suoi fondi fiduciari, non le serve un lavoro ma decide comunque di diventare volontaria alla casa di riposo. 
Recuperare il rapporto con i suoi figli è una priorità per lei, non sarà facile. La aspettano musi lunghi, atteggiamenti scostanti e muri altissimi da scavalcare ma accetta la sua punizione per il comportamento che ha avuto durante il divorzio. Continua la sua missione determinata e a testa alta.
Nel frattempo entra in confidenza con Mickey e i suoi adorabili figli. Lui la fa sentire importante e protetta, ed è esattamente quello di cui ha bisogno.

Mickey Donovan, è un buon padre, un brav'uomo e buon marito finché la moglie non decise di preferire la bottiglia alla sua famiglia. Prese la decisione più difficile della sua vita il giorno in cui decise di divorziare ma doveva difendere i suoi figli.
Conoscere Amelia gli ha permesso di tornare a volere una donna fissa nella sua vita. Il carattere combattivo e appassionato gli accendono un fuoco dentro che pensava fosse ormai spento. Ci sa fare con i figli e quando vede che gli occhi di lei non guardano sempre nella sua direzione, decide di farsi avanti e di provare a vedere se tra loro una storia può funzionare.
L’aspetto economico è spesso un problema, lui è un uomo tutto d'un pezzo ed è fermamente convinto che debba essere l'uomo a provvedere per tutti, si scontreranno spesso ma il compromesso è sempre la soluzione migliore. Specialmente quando si rende conto che non sono i soldi quello che fanno felice Amelia ma il suo amore e quello della loro famiglia allargata.

Un amore passionale e forte li lega, ulteriormente arricchito da quello per i loro figli e gli amici. Una comunità forte e unita è quella di Magdalene, viene voglia di trasferircisi immediatamente!

Superlativo libro di Kristen Ashley che non delude mai. Lo stile è irreprensibile, i personaggi coinvolgenti e la trama intrigante e appassionante. Manca un pò il POV di Mickey, il libro viene raccontato quasi interamente da Amelia, avrei gradito leggere anche il suo pensiero più spesso, questo è l’unico appunto che mi sento di fare.
Non c’è azione, nel senso colpi di scena grazie alle quali la scrittrice è diventata famosa, ma un’analisi approfondita sulla vita, famiglia e amore che si può trovare ad ogni età.
Ritroviamo il tema predominante per la autrice: la forza di una donna che può sollevare il mondo. Non importa quanto siano state sconfitte e messa in un  angolo, grazie all'aiuto di amiche sincere e fiducia in se stesse, troveranno sempre la forza di ottenere la propria ricompensa e i meritati successi nella vita e nell'amore.
Kristen Ashley fa sentire ogni donna uguale anche se diversa, possiamo essere sparse intorno al mondo ma siamo tutte uguali, con le stesse paranoie e paure. Lei ci fa sentire unite, ad ogni età!
Clicca sull'immagine per leggere la recensione del primo libro di questa serie

Hello, Boston Stone,” I greeted because I had no idea what else to say.
“You are?” he asked as I put the bags to the ground and touched the button on the trunk that would open it keyless.
As it glided open, I opened my mouth, doing it uncertain if I’d share my name or continue to try to brush him off, but I didn’t have the chance to decide.
I heard the word, “Babe,” growled from behind me.
I turned and saw Mickey stalking our way.
Not sauntering.
Not simply walking.
Stalking.
And he didn’t look happy.
“Mickey,” I called tentatively as a greeting, uncertain at his demeanor.
I hadn’t seen him since he hadn’t seen me (I hoped) at the movies.
He was in his firefighter-not-fighting-a-fire uniform of blue khakis and tee. His eyes were moving up and down my body. He still was unbelievably beautiful (that uniform…seriously).
He didn’t greet me back.
When he stopped, his gaze cut to Boston Stone and it went flinty.
“You need somethin’?” he asked incomprehensibly inhospitably.
“I was just helping this lovely lady with her groceries,” Stone responded.
“I got it,” Mickey stated flatly and then he got it. As in, he carefully pulled me back, grabbed the bags I was perfectly capable of picking up myself and placed them in my trunk.
He then went for the bag Stone was carrying, caught hold, but Stone didn’t let go.
“I can put it in the trunk myself, Donovan,” Stone clipped.
So they knew each other.
“As I said, I got it, Stone,” Mickey clipped back.
Yes, they knew each other.
The handles flattened as they both kept hold and pulled.
“Please!” I exclaimed. “We already had a wine incident. The sidewalk of Magdalene has been anointed with one red, let’s not anoint Cross Street with four.”
Mickey instantly let go and stepped back, running into me but he didn’t apologize or move away.
He stayed close, the back of his left side touching the front of my right.
It was at that point I noticed Mickey gave off a lot of heat.
Stone put the bag in my trunk, shut it and turned slowly to Mickey and me.
But he had eyes on Mickey.
“Are you two seeing each other?”
“That’s your business how?” Mickey asked as reply.
“It’s my business because, if you’re not, I’d like to request you leave so I can ask her to dinner,” Stone returned.
My head jerked as my body locked in shock.
“That’s not gonna happen,” Mickey growled.
My body stayed locked in shock but that didn’t mean my eyes didn’t fly to Mickey’s stony-faced profile in more shock.
“So you are seeing each other,” Stone remarked.
“Again, not your business,” Mickey bit out.
Stone’s expression turned shrewd. “And that’s something that would lead me to believe that the beautiful woman standing behind you is free to go to dinner with me.”
“You forget English?” Mickey asked. “I already answered that too.”
I butted in, “I think I can speak for myself, Mickey.”
He moved nothing but his head (though his torso shifted an inch) so he could look down at me.
His eyes were communicating again.
This time they were communicating the fact that he really didn’t like Boston Stone.
Considering what I knew of Mickey, this would be something that, along with my own natural aversion to Mr. Stone, would have made me decline the man’s invitation.
Unfortunately, Mickey added words to his look so this didn’t happen.
“You’re not goin’ out with this guy.”
Was he being serious?
He couldn’t tell me what to do. He wasn’t my father, my brother or my lover.
Heck, he barely knew me!
All he knew about me was that he didn’t want me. I was his…“attractive” neighbor who he now did not even walk over to beg recipes from (okay, so Aisling didn’t know of any other recipes I had, but whatever).
He didn’t even return my email!
And he was off with beautiful, statuesque redheads, smiling at them, taking them to movies.
He couldn’t tell me who I could and could not see.
“I’m not?” I snapped.
“No,” he turned fully to me, an ominous fully. “You are not,” he enunciated each word clearly.
“Sorry?” I asked sarcastically. “When did you become my big brother?”
He was still enunciating clearly, and dangerously, when he stated, “I absolutely am not your big brother.”
“No, you’re not,” I retorted, tossing my hair, which I hoped was shining in the sun. And with my hair toss, I further hoped my fabulous highlights caught the rays and gleamed. “You’re my neighbor. And if I want to go out with someone, you can’t say boo to the contrary.”
“This guy is an asshole,” he bit off, jerking his thumb at Boston Stone.
I felt my eyes get big and I got up on my toes, leaning into him, hissing, “That’s insufferably rude, Mickey Donovan.”
“It isn’t rude if it’s the truth.”
“You may think so but you don’t say it in front of the man in question.”
“You do if he’s as big of an asshole as this asshole is,” Mickey shot back.
My eyes got wider and I leaned closer. “Stop being nasty!” I demanded.
“You been in town, what?” he asked then answered with another question he didn’t expect a reply to. “A coupla months? I lived here my whole life and trust me, I’m savin’ you from a load of misery, this guy gets interested in you,” he returned.
I rocked down to my stilettos. “I am a big girl, Mickey. All grown up and everything. I do think I can make such decisions for myself.”
“You do, and they’re not what I’m tellin’ you to do, you’d be wrong.”
I glared at him.
Then I pushed right past him, hand lifted and got in the space of Boston Stone.
“Boston,” I said as he took my hand, grinning arrogantly and more than a little obnoxiously at me. “A belated nice to meet you. I’m Amelia Hathaway.”
His hand tightened in mine as he murmured, “Amelia.”
I pulled my hand from his, asking, “Do you know Cliff Blue?”
“Of course,” he replied, inclining his head in a pompous way that actually was kind of creepy.
“I live there,” I announced, doing another hair toss and powering beyond the creepy. “And I have plans this evening but I’m free tomorrow. Are you?”
“I wasn’t,” he replied. “But I’ll be making a phone call and I will be.”
“Excellent,” I decreed. “Seven?” I went on to ask.
“I’d be delighted,” he said softly, his eyes dancing with humor and I could see that too was relatively malicious.
I didn’t care.
I’d go out with him once, just to stick it to Mickey.
Then I’d be done with Boston Stone.
And anyway, I had about seven new outfits that would be perfect for a date and I knew this even though I hadn’t been on a date in two decades.
“I’ll see you then,” I said.
“You will, Amelia.” He dipped his chin to me. “Looking forward to it.”
“And me,” I replied.
He gave me another arrogant grin then transferred it to Mickey.
“Donovan,” he murmured.
Mickey didn’t reply.
Stone looked back to me. “Until tomorrow, Amelia.”
“Yes, Boston. And please, feel free to call me Amy.”
Mickey grunted.
Boston smiled before he turned and sauntered away.
I whirled on Mickey and tipped my head to the side. “See? All grown up and able to make decisions for myself.”
“What I see is a pattern here,” he retorted unpleasantly.
“Oh?” I asked with mock interest. “Do tell.”
Then Mickey told.
“First time I laid eyes on you, your ex was up in your face, cursing at you, threatening you, shouting right at you and acting like a total fucking dick. It’s obvious he’s rich and up his own ass and didn’t give a shit you were alone, and because of that, you probably felt unsafe. It was just as obvious you were lettin’ him use you as his punching bag. Even if no woman deserves the way he was speakin’ to you, he just kept right on punching. Now, you know that guy you just made a date with is a total asshole and you made that date anyway. So that’s your pattern. You open yourself up for assholes to shit all over you. And if that’s the way you like it, baby, then no way in fuck I’m gonna get in there to show you there’s another way.”
Before I could retort, he turned on his boot and prowled away.

Hello Kristen, It’s so cool and a huge honor having you here on my blog again for an interview!!

Thank you for having me again, my lovely! So enjoy spending time “with you” through words!

Thank you so kindly for continuing to answer questions for your fans.  I really want to make this interview special for you, because-- me, I’m already on cloud twelve!!

Aw, you’re so sweet! I’m looking forward to the day when we meet! :-)

Let’s go!!

Regarding Soaring, the second novel of The Magdalene Series, the characters are particularly older compared to your other heroes and heroines.  Did you decide on their ages before writing this novel, or did the characters form themselves in your mind like that?

Well, while some of my novels have characters who are younger, most of my novels have heroes and heroines who are older - firm in their thirties or in their early forties. I wasn’t sure that would go over really well considering that’s not found often in the “typical” romance novel (or the hundreds I read back in the day). But I found to my delight that it was extremely popular! Then, when my books started gaining traction, I started to receive reader communication that they’d like me to write even older characters.

The idea intrigued me but, to be honest, I thought this was quite a risk and I hoped if I tried it, the books would have a small cadre of readers who enjoyed them. However, when I took the risk with THE WILL, it was tremendously successful. Obviously, I was thrilled not only because I thought that story was emotionally potent but also I found that I had a secondary goal with that series. I wanted to explore the idea of my heroines making mistakes in their lives, relatively grave mistakes, mistakes it would be hard to bounce back from at any age. But when you get older, you can get in a rut, feel that is your lot in life and just give up. I loved the idea that they kept fighting to find happiness and love...and I got to be along for the ride when they won.

In Soaring, both the main characters Amelia and Mickey are heartbroken but they don’t stop believing in love. They found happiness again, middle-aged, together. I like to think about it as a sort of rebirth.  Do you feel the same way?

To be honest, I hadn’t really thought of it that way. More that they have the fighting spirit. That they haven’t given up on the idea of finding happiness in one form or another. Amelia’s main priority is healing the breach with her children and to do that, she must, for the first time in her life, find herself. I don’t actually think Amelia’s fully realized her potential at all so it wouldn’t be a rebirth...more like a very, very, VERY long first birth! HA!

But really, the beauty of books is that you can take whatever you wish out of them. So, honey, if that’s what it made you feel, then that’s what it is.

Sisterhood is always a major theme in your novels and this one is no different.  Is there a message you want to send to women around the word?

Oh yes. Absolutely. In subtle ways and I don’t mind being very obvious about it too!

This is because I find it very upsetting that we women tear each other down, and we do it often, even when we aren’t realizing it by say, judging one of sister’s appearances, her body, the clothes she wears, how she does her hair. This can get extreme to the point of judging her actions, what kind of mother she is, what kind of person she is. We don’t celebrate each other in all the forms we take...all our beautiful bits, all our flaws, all our history, all that makes us, all the myriad ways all of that makes us beautiful (even our flaws and our baggage). And I think that’s a tragedy.

I want to guide my sisters in being kinder not only to each other but also to ourselves. Because we are judged so widely and with such extremes, that sinks in and we’re very hard on our own selves. When we are all beautiful in so many different ways and that should be exalted, not torn down.

So yes, in my books, I want to do my bit to guide my sisters into handling themselves and the sisterhood with care, showing them functional, healthy, supportive female relationships that are filled with love, humor and understanding so they can not only find that and build it for themselves, but also give that to their sisters.

Female characters from KA books are always, always, amazing. Amelia is a beautiful example. She was burned but then comes alive, brand new, stronger and ready to face her new single status and the consequences of her actions. I see her much like the mythical phoenix. Was that your intention?

Oh goodness, Fidi, I LOVE that idea! The mythical phoenix! That’s beautiful!!!!

Amelia has certainly been reduced to ashes. She has a great struggle on her hands and there were times (specifically when she’s in the bathroom after kissing Mickey and being rebuffed) that I despaired for her that she’d find the strength to carry on. She broke my heart again and again.

To be honest, that wasn’t my intention, though I love your take on that. When I start a book, I know I’ll have strong relationships, most specifically within the sisterhood and amongst family. I know that my characters will be guided to not only accepting who they are but loving who they are just as those around them love them. And I know there’ll be a happy ending. Other than that, the story sweeps me away and I just fly with it. A great deal of the time I’m even surprised how things come about!

Amelia fights personal demons including issues with her self confidence, appreciation of her body, love for her children. I recognize her insecurities in myself, and I think I’m not the only one. Do you think women are mostly the same all around the world?

I can’t speak for all the women in the world but I can for the many I’ve come into contact with and although the extremes of issues our sisters have with the various demons they fight differ, I do think that everyone has versions of those demons. I also, however, think this is true of men.

I found, in Soaring, “life” with all its problems, financially and emotionally, is intensely described. Amelia and Mickey are trying to build a relationship and find it difficult coordinating between kids and ex-es, and their jobs.  Each has priorities which keep them apart. They are adults with responsibilities and they can’t simply ignore them.  There is emphasis on the fact that relationships are not always flowers, chocolate and sex.  Life is what it is, and a couple has to work with their circumstances. Did you want to send this kind of message?

I think in all my books I want to send this message. I’ve done the fabulous millionaire finds his mate thing but most of my books have a firm foundation in reality fantasy (unless my books are pure fantasy set in fantasy worlds or having witches, vampires and werewolves, of course!).

I like to delve into the idea of an intense, amazing love story interwoven into the fabric of “real life.” Getting to work on time. Getting the kids to school. Paying the bills. I like the idea that it shaves a few layers away from the escape of diving into a romance novel and brings it closer to home, giving us hope we might find the same some day or making us recognize in our current partner that we’ve already found it. You can get bogged down in paying the bills, getting to work and getting the kids to school and think you’re missing the flowers and chocolate. When really, having a solid, loving, protective man in your life is a love story in itself...even if you spend your evenings watching TV!

Mickey is all man. I liked him right away, even from The Will. I’m glad he was the main male character of the second book of this series. He works hard, is a good dad and he loves fiercely. Mickey finds time for what  is important to him-- volunteering as a firefighter, boxing, and finding himself a new woman. I think this is the man every woman wants, not some white collar man with a red room….if you get my meaning. Would you like to say something more about him?

I am tickled pink you loved Mickey because I did too. I found it very interesting being with his character, especially facing the growing concerns about what was happening with his daughter, Ash, and his powerlessness with understanding that as a father without his daughter’s mother around to help guide him. I also loved the message he sent to his children that he was himself and it might be a tough gig, but it’s worth it to find ways to be with the ones you love and do all the things you love to do, even if you have to do something you hate in order to make that happen. There are many facets of Mickey, both subtle and strong. He’s an amazing hero.

I missed Mickey’s POV during reading. I’d like to have read more about his thoughts. There are only a few instances throughout the book. Can I ask why you chose not to write his POV?

I’m glad you addressed this because I, too, missed having Mickey’s POV. I actually called to him to come to me but he never did.

When a write, after I finish a section or a chapter, it is very clear in my head whose POV will be the next section or chapter. Only a couple of times did Mickey pop in there, declaring, “This is mine.”

I don’t know why he kept himself from me. Perhaps it was an act of selflessness as Amelia’s storyline was very intense and she had to go through a huge amount and he wanted me to focus on her. Okay, let’s think of it like that!

There are a lot of children in this book, of different ages.  With a diverse range of ages comes different problems and needs. You’ve been extremely caring describing that. I think the kids make this book more of a life romance than a love-romance.  Do you agree?

You have a way with words, my lovely, a “life romance” and a “love romance.” Though, I would say this is a “love and life romance” because there’s a lot of love going around, Mickey and Amelia falling into it and also into each other’s lives while building emotional bonds with the other’s children.

So yes, absolutely, I’d agree!

You also deal with heavy subject matter such as alcoholism and bullying in Soaring.  Tell us more about your intentions for these subjects in this novel.

[I’d just like to note at this juncture that my answer contains EXTREME spoilers that may negatively affect some significant reveals in the book. So if your readers read the answer to this question prior to reading Soaring, it’s likely they’ll be disappointed.]

Again, a story comes to me and I honestly didn’t know Mickey’s ex-wife was an alcoholic until he shared that with Amelia. What I did know was that when that came out, we were going to explore something that didn’t overdramatize an already dramatic issue. There are many strong, courageous people out there who find it in themselves to fight their way to recovery and I knew immediately that this would touch on that kind of tale.

However, regardless, alcoholism is a disease that spreads beyond the person who has it, infecting those around them too. The thing I liked about this subplot is that Ash’s issues were not entirely about the bullies at school. They were about her dealing with mothering her brother because her mother was incapable of doing that which exacerbated the issues she was having at school. In order to take care of her family, she was sacrificing herself in a variety of beautiful and dreadful ways that she was hiding and no matter how those around her who loved her wanted to break through, the point of her taking care of them would not be to let on that she was giving so much of herself. She’s rather an extraordinary character.

As for the bullying, I did know very soon while writing the novel how that was going to happen and I wanted to make the statement that, regardless of where a soul fits in the act of bullying, the bully or the person who stands with the bully and, if not participating with malicious intention, not stopping it or egging it on, is 100% as bad. The scene where the bully is outed and the reactions of the adults was very hard to write but in the end, I loved it.

The Magdalene Series takes place in Magdalene, Maine. Can you tell us why you chose this city and state as a setting?

I moved to Maine for a very short period of time when I just graduated from college. We also had a family friend who lived in Massachusetts who we would visit often when I was growing up. I love, love, LOVE that part of the US. It’s absolutely beautiful. So, even if I can’t “be there” by living there or visiting frequently, I based a book there so I could “be there” in my mind.

While reading, the character Coert, a friend of Mickey’s and the next hero of this series said the word “Denver.”   What did he mean?  Can you give us any hints about what is coming up next?

I can say that we definitely have a Denver connection to Coert and his heroine, which might mean you may see characters you know from other KA books heading to Maine. We shall see!

I loved this book, like every other books you’ve written, without exception.
You are incredibly talented and  I continue to look forward to every novel you write.
I know you’re very busy, so thank you for finding time for me.  It means the world to me.

Oh, honey, you are too kind. I can’t say how happy I am that I continue to give you worlds you enjoy being in with characters you like! I hope I can deliver that for you for a long, long, LONG time to come.

Tight hugs from afar, my lovely girl! ROCK ON!


Kristen Ashley  è cresciuta a Brownsburg, Indiana, e ha vissuto a Denver, Colorado, e nel sud-ovest dell’Inghilterra. Per questo ha la fortuna di avere amici e parenti sparsi in tutto il mondo. La sua famiglia, che comprende varie generazioni, è a dir poco stramba, ma questo può essere un bene quando si desidera scrivere.


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento