giovedì 13 marzo 2014

Raw - Belle Aurora

A little personal anecdote on this book:
11.00 pm, I was in bed reading, almost at the end of the book, my husband next to me watching tv. I was very relaxed because I was getting how the book would end....then I finished it. In that moment I was rushing out of the bed saying very loud, and very inappropriate considering how late it was, " what the f**k??" my hubby looked at me like I was crazy so I told him all about this book!!! Poor guy...he listened but he did give it a damn...he's the sweetest!
That was a warning about this author!! when you think is all predictable...she changes it all!! she's amazing that's why she's in my top 5 !!!


This is Raw by Belle Aurora.




***Author Note: This is not a love story. This is a story of love gone wrong.***


Growing up the way I did, you’d think I’d be more screwed up than what I actually am. Soon as I turned sixteen, I left that bump in the road I called home and took my chances on the street. Best decision I ever made.
Now, at the age of twenty six, I’m educated, employed and damn good at my job. My friends have become my family. Like me, they know what it’s like to grow up unloved.
But the saying is true. The world makes way for those who know where they are going. That’s me.
I know where I’m going and I’ll get there eventually. On my own terms and at my own pace. But then there’s him.
I feel his eyes on me. I see him hiding in plain sight. He watches me. He makes me feel. It’s unconventional. But it’s real. I’m sure you’re wondering how a person falls in love with their stalker. So am I. This isn’t a story. This is my life

Lexi is a social worker with a heavy background. She wants to do something real in helping people avoid what she beared. She has a big heart but sometimes she's full of contradictions, she thinks in a way then do in another. That's because people experiment, they try something new, never thought it might be interesting. She thinks she knows the world and how it works....boy, how she's wrong and how she will know it!! but this give her a chance to know herself from a new prospective.

“There’s something about having your choices taken from you that is equally liberating and frightening. Handing over control to a person is a big deal. A showing of trust. And sometimes, I would like to be taken on a ride rather than drive.” 

“I don't want a knight in shining armor. I don't want a knight in scuffed armor.
I want his helmet to have dents. I want my knight to be real, and dark and savage. I want my knight to be a survivor. Someone who's been tested and got through his trails. Not some pussy in gleaming metal.”

Raw: ( emotions/qualities ) strong and natural emotions but not completley developed or controlled -
( language ) containing a lot o sexual details - ( descriptions ) giving the unpleasant facts, without trying to make them more acceptable
This is a vague idea of Twitch's personality!!! He obviously has some major issuses. His life was so brutal it changed him completely but he found his way and very proud of it. He feels he misses something and mistakes it with vengence. His vicious anger makes him take some really bad decisions. In the end he only wants to be loved for what he is, don't we all??

This is an erotic/romace novel. Please don't mistake it for a cheesy chick flick story - boy meets girl,they fall in love and do it a loooot everywhere in every position, declaring how crazy are about each other!
Sex is present....very present....some like it hot or sweet or rough or kinky....we are not born with tastes, we find them during that trip called life and it could be we find  we like it very kinky!!!!!



“A strong woman can also be submissive in bed. It doesn’t make her weak. It makes her stronger than most. Putting your body into the hands of someone else…that takes balls.” 


“Is there anything sexier than the noises a man makes during sex?


Some people could say this book can be disturbing sometimes. Maybe it is but it isn't for me. I really loved it. I can't stop reading it and it was hot as hell!!! It shows how sexuality should be approached and I found it liberating.
I believe this novel is a big metaphor. We are what we want to be. Society decrees its labels and we involuntarily feel obligated to follow them forgetting who we are. We should not feel ashamed for ourselves, we should have our time and space to find who we truly are. Pregiudices and indifference are our societry's foundation. 

“Who were you before people started telling you who you should be?” 

“Equality over stereotype. In our field, we deal with all kinds of people from different backgrounds, races, and religions. There is no such thing as normal in our job. And the sad truth is that it's easy to place a stereotype on a person you don't know. One look at a person is all it takes for our minds to be made up on the type of person we think they are.” 

Style-wise is fluent with a lot of funny comments, the author is famous and appreciatd for her wit. I think it could be an easy read for every type of readers!



































“Kissing her once more, I tell her without hesitation, "if you promise to never leave me, I will love you. And be good to you. I'll treat you like a queen." My queen. I heard somewhere that a king only bows down to his queen. And I'm bowing down to Lexi.”





 



Nessun commento:

Posta un commento